CSJ Administrative Assistant
The Communications and Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Administrative Associate to support day-to-day operations and marketing communications planning for our season activities.Tasks may include social media calendars, assisting in creating documents and file management. Mocean values candidates who look forward to taking on an active role with increasing responsibilities as the term goes on, are excited to learn on the job, and have a passion for the arts sector. We strive to makethis a valuable experience forthe candidate and enthusiastically welcome suggestionson how to expand and/orutilize their skill set based on their interests andcareer goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining a content calendar for our social media platforms throughout the summer
- Planning a tentative content calendar for the season
- Updating the mocean website
- Assisting in our database entry & clean-up
- Provide insight and ideas for our marketing of our 20th Anniversary season
- Assisting with office administration and facility management
The ideal candidate should possess education or relevant experience in public relations, marketing, non-profit sector or arts administration.
Other Requirements include:
- Experience with content creation, social media andwebsite management
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Capable of working highly independently
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft & Google Suite
- Interest in working in the nonprofit arts and culture sector
- Experience with Keela or other donor relations management tools
- Knowledge and/or experience with contemporary dance
- Inclusion and diversity training
- knowledge of both written and spoken French, are all considered assets.
Benefits to the Candidate:
- Gain tangible operations experience
- Knowledge of office operations and database systems
- Enhanced problem-solving skills
We welcome and strongly encourage people identifying with intersecting identitiesto apply. This includes Indigenous people, LGBTQ+& Two-Spirit people, Black people,people of colour, and people with disabilities.
Eligibility: This position is made possible via the Canada Summer Jobs Program. To qualify for this position candidates must be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of employment, be a permanent resident of Canada and legally entitled to work in Nova Scotia. The work will take place at the Mocean office with the possibility of working from home - subject to ongoing COVID health and safety guidelines. The candidate will need to have access to a computer and internet connection.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Deanna Johnston, Administrative Associate, Mocean Dance
30 hr/week at $15/hour, for 12-16 weeks
This position is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia
Deadline to apply: July 30th , 2021
Start date is relatively flexible to meet the needs of the candidate.
Mocean Dance creates, collaborates, and performs in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral home and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq people. We have gratitude for this land, and respect and appreciation for its many generations of caretakers. As an organization, we commit to learning what it means to be Treaty People who move forward together in peace and friendship.